1. Print this page, be sure printer is set to print at 100%.
2. Verify the page printed correctly by measuring a few shapes with a ruler to ensure they are accurate.
FINDING YOUR RING SIZE
1. Measure your finger in warm temperatures at the end of the day.
2. If your knuckle is a lot larger than the base of your finger, use METHOD B below, except measure both the base of your finger and your knuckle and select a size between the two.
IF YOU’RE BUYING THE RING AS A SURPRISE
1. Ask your intended recipient’s mother or friend if they know his/her ring finger size. 2. Borrow one of your intended recipient’s rings and use METHOD A below. (Make sure to borrow a ring that fits the finger you intend your gift ring to fit.
OTHER TIPS AND INFORMATION
- When considering a wide band, move up a size from your measurement, for comfort’s sake.
- Different countries have different ring-size systems. All sizes listed here are standard American sizes. - The average woman’s ring size is about 6. The average man’s ring size is about 10.
- Your ring size will be about half a size larger on your primary hand (i.e. the hand you write with).
Measure a ring that fits you or your intended recipient. Place a ring that fits you over the circle making sure the inside of the ring lines up with the outside of the circle. If you are between sizes, order the larger size.
Ring finger measuring tips:
- Find a piece of non-stretchy string about 6” long, or a strip of paper about 6” long and 1/4” wide.
- Wrap it snugly around the base of your finger.
- Using a pen, mark the point on the string or paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle.
- Compare the length of the string or paper to the lines on the paper below to determine your ring size.
If your are between sizes, order the larger size.
Make sure your finger is at a normal body temperature -- fingers can shrink or expand when cold or hot. If your knuckle is much larger than your fingers base, take two separate measurements and choose a size in between. You want a ring to fit over your knuckle, but not be too loose or it will shift around.